[lbo-talk] getting back to criticism

Charles Turner vze26m98 at optonline.net
Mon Dec 13 09:44:44 PST 2010

On Dec 13, 2010, at 11:23 AM, Hein Marais wrote:

> touche.

Considering I live in NYC, I'm hardly an authority on the musical taste of England's youth.

And from Doug's recent thread:

"Indeed, the direct interventions against the rising fortunes of the National Front—local campaigns, anti-fascist work in the unions, trades councils, women's groups, the mobilization behind the Anti-Nazi League, the counter-demonstrations, above all Rock Against Racism (one of the timeliest and best constructed of cultural interventions, repaying serious and extended analysis)—constitute one of the few success stories of the conjuncture."

Stuart Hall, The Great Moving Right Show, 1979.