[lbo-talk] Query on French left.

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Tue Dec 14 17:35:06 PST 2010

On Dec 14, 2010, at 8:02 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> But Gideon Rachman wrote in his FT column the other day that
> Wikileaks proves that U.S. foreign policy is actually rather
> transparent - on most major issues (bracketing the salacious gossipy
> stuff), private comments mostly match public stances. Which is
> another version of my own point about how the leaks prove
> conspiracists to be rather off base.

These are "Secret" documents published to millions of authorized persons. No conspiracist would expect the *real* stuff not to be classified higher than Top Secret. And Rachman ignored the worst disclosures--like that Clinton lied outright about not knowing whether or not the Honduran coup was a coup, or the "diplomatic" pressure on the German and Spanish governments to cover up terrible crimes committed in their own countries.

Shane Mage

"All things are an equal exchange for fire and fire for all things, as goods are for gold and gold for goods."

Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr, 90