[lbo-talk] Query on French left.

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 18:00:12 PST 2010

My other thought on Wikileaks: I've had a sinking feeling that this will all end badly in the long-run. Now that the antiwar left has rallied to the banner of total transparency, the principle will be turned around and used against it.

In other words, there will be something along the lines of, say - the next time there's a serious antiwar movement, mysterious "hackers" will deposit reams of files on the internet disclosing the internal correspondence of antiwar activists, maybe even including their personal correspondence. So-and-so has kiddie porn on his laptop; so-and-so said something positive about North Korea; so-and-so wrote in frustration that the cops at the last demo deserve to be shot; whatever.

I'm sure the standard response to this idea will be "they would have pulled stuff like that anyway," but I don't think so.

SA