[lbo-talk] Music news: Akon’s No Labels anthem

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Dec 15 10:52:21 PST 2010

http://lbo-news.com/2010/12/15/music-news-akon’s-no-labels-anthem/

Music news: Akon’s No Labels anthem Doug Henwood | December 15, 2010 at 1:50 pm

Wow, this is some serious crap:

Akon's No Labels Anthem. http://nolabels.org/thinking-no-labels/akon-song/

It only took one conversation with Lisa Borders, one of the founding leaders of No Labels, for Akon to immediately understand the meaning of this movement’s message. Never give up your label, just put it aside to do what’s best for America. With lyrics like “See a man with a blue tie, see a man with a red tie; so how about we tie ourselves together and get it done,” Akon shares his passion for politicians to put the labels aside so we can find practical solutions to our nation’s problems. Akon stayed up all night to create this song and now you can listen to it for free and share the song to help inspire others to put their labels aside.