[lbo-talk] protest Obama Set for Staff Makeover in 2011, Bans Word "Triangulation"

pandora akkiraz markanarch at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 11:21:02 PST 2010

Obama Set for Staff Makeover in 2011, Bans Word "Triangulation"

With the New Year comes some new faces in the White House, as the Obama administration takes part in the grand tradition of staff-"reshuffling<http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/24/us/politics/24obama.html?_r=2&hp>" in the face of a newly-divided government.

Gone will be the notorious Larry Summers from the head position at the National Economic Council, as is Rahm Emmanuel who is headed for a Chicago Mayoral run. David Axelrod has been shifted out for David Plouffe, and Robert Gibbs, the press secretary, may step down too.

Many other staffers, like Axelrod. will head to Chicago to been gearing up for the 2012 elections, and others will just move on as fresh blood comes in. Axelrod called working in the White House a "bubble" than few can sustain for more than a few years. Meanwhile, reports the New York Times<http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/24/us/politics/24obama.html?_r=2&hp>, the Clintonian feel of this shift only goes so far:

On Wednesday afternoon, even as lawmakers were approving a burst of Mr. Obama’s legislative priorities in the waning hours of the Congressional session, the president and a small circle of advisers convened to sketch out the next two months. Mr. Obama intends not only to extend a hand to Republicans but also to begin detaching himself more from Congress and spending more time making his case directly to the American people.

By Sarah Seltzer | Sourced from AlterNet Posted at December 24, 2010, 6:24 am

--

In tyrannos