[lbo-talk] protest Obama Set for Staff Makeover in 2011, Bans Word "Triangulation"

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Dec 24 17:20:36 PST 2010

pandora akkiraz

On 13 December 2010 21:09, Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com> wrote:

> And one more comment - it made me laugh when boosters of the Solidarity
> movement in Poland and various dissident groups in Eastern Europe claimed
> that they "defeated Communism." It was like a flea boasting that it
> defeated a tiger on whose back it was riding. However, EE dissidents
> proportionally enjoyed a far greater public support than any left of the
> center movement in the US did. So if EE dissidents boasting their
> "victory"
> over Communism was but a delusion of grandeur, so is the belief of much
> less
> influential US dissident groups that they can "mobilize" the public to
> change the course of the US empire.

Wojtek, you make no effort whatever, ever, to learn anything new. There has been voluminous evidence, posted on this list, that rather small minorities can bring about huge changes, including even in some instances overthrow of the state.

Whatever happened in the late 80s (and you lie here by indicating _all_ or even _most_ dissidents took credit for those events), in 19e56 and 1968 first in Hungary, then in Czechoslovakia, "dissidents" overthrew the state: those revolutions were crushed by outside intervention, but there is no doubt whatever about their initial success.

You go to extremes in protecting your ignorance.

Carrol