[lbo-talk] Enough With the China Shtick Already!

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 1 17:53:12 PST 2010

The thing is that ethnicity is a human category. People identify with their parents and with their tribe, er, ethnicity. It's not going to go away. Perhaps in a perfect world people would make no ethnic distinctions, but in our world Trotsky was a Jew, I am a German-American, and George Clinton is Black.

----- Original Message ---- From: Marv Gandall <marvgandall at videotron.ca>

I wouldn't describe Judaism or other religions as "healthy"; they're the opium of the people, the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world. I equally reject Zionism and all oppressive nationalisms. I continue to believe in the explantory power of class. I think the focus on ethnicity, unwittingly or otherwise, almost always leads to reactionary conclusions. We're at an impasse. Time to move on.