[lbo-talk] Enough With the China Shtick Already!

Joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Mon Feb 1 21:32:24 PST 2010

In Russia and eastern europe, a jew is a jew first and foremost.

It's just the way it is. Grew up with it. Am the issue of a scandalous marriage between an Ashkenazy Jew and a Greek Orthodox Xtian. Grandparents refused to talk to one another.

Eventually it will change, but last time I was in Romania (1985) this type of sorting was still very much in force. The commies damped it down a bit for a while -- it was not PC to talk in those terms; but now it's back.

Sometimes Chris is right, though I find myself wishing he wouldn't revel in it so. I don't mean being right; I mean these distinctions.

Joanna