[lbo-talk] US to probe Toyota Prius brake problems

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 12:44:37 PST 2010

I am a bit suspicious of all this Toyota brouhaha. I've owned two Priuses since 2005 and I am quite impressed how reliable these cars are. No problems of any kind other than regular wear and tear - unlike the crappy US made cars.

However, the speed with with the US Transportation department jumped to investigate these alleged problems with foreign import while overlooking problems with poorly designed and built and fundamentally unsafe US-built SUVs smack of protectionism. Is this Obama's administration response to the deep shit in which the US auto industry got itself?

Wojtek