[lbo-talk] a new low

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Fri Feb 5 09:03:21 PST 2010

> Not necessarily arguing with your main points, but don't all signers on to
> the military go through basic training, and fire weapons etc. Then go on
> regular support jobs?

Yes, though according to younger soldiers I've spoken to (one of whom spent a year in Iraq), the training's not as rigorous or sadistic as it was when I went through basic (summer '79). Back then, you could wear you down to the pavement. Now, trainees wear gym clothes for PT. Still, they do have to fire M-16s.

Dennis