[lbo-talk] lbo-talk Digest, Vol 1123, Issue 4/reply to brad b

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Sat Feb 6 08:14:19 PST 2010

my memory of cheap motels was that you found the people who lived in cities among the worst in terms of their lack of politeness, their rudeness. the story you told of the woman you had over for dinner, the one who went to the bathroom to do crosswords during dinner, while she shouted out to you and your companions was a hoot. plus, I also seem to recall that you said that you wanted, all your life, to live in NYC but people were not at all generous when you go there, even people who were among the lefty circles that you traveled in. that was a depressing part to read - how shitty lefties are to one another. it nearly three years ago i read the book though so maybe i'm misremembering.