[lbo-talk] lbo-talk Digest, Vol 1123, Issue 4/reply to brad b

Left-Wing Wacko leftwingwacko at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 08:55:17 PST 2010

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 9:14 AM, shag carpet bomb <shag at cleandraws.com>wrote:

> my memory of cheap motels was that you found the people who lived in cities
> among the worst in terms of their lack of politeness, their rudeness. the
> story you told of the woman you had over for dinner, the one who went to the
> bathroom to do crosswords during dinner, while she shouted out to you and
> your companions was a hoot. plus, I also seem to recall that you said that
> you wanted, all your life, to live in NYC but people were not at all
> generous when you go there, even people who were among the lefty circles
> that you traveled in. that was a depressing part to read - how shitty
> lefties are to one another. it nearly three years ago i read the book though
> so maybe i'm misremembering.

Or maybe its just New Yorkers? I don't know. Seems like lots of lefties are either very nice people, or ornery cranky assholes.

But I do remember that same part. The dinner guest was supposed to be a relatively well known author on the left, and I was very curious to know who it was. So Michael, has enough time passed that you could tell who your very rude dinner guest was?

Sheldon