[lbo-talk] weimar shadows

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 8 11:01:15 PST 2010

At 12:51 PM 2/7/2010, Dennis Perrin wrote:

>As William Burroughs once said, quoting a Black
>queen, "Darling, some people are just shits."

Words to live by. It's not elitist to recognize that some people are just shits. It's just the facts ma'am.

And this from Lou Reed seems to fit in here somewhere, Where I'm not sure:

http://highter.wordpress.com/2008/05/

Fuck Barbra Streisand. Fuck the little people. You ever meet somebody from Wyoming? Not me. Hey clerk, give me good clerk. I give good clerk. They save their pennies and their dimes, and they’ve got a fucking nest egg. You ever put a quarter in those machines man, like the bear that pays basketball? The March of the Wooden Soldiers – Huh! Give me an issue, I’ll give you a tissue and wipe my ass with it. If you write as good as you talk, nobody reads you. What am I, Henny Youngman, man? Those villains always – SHUT UP YOU! – blink their eyes.