[lbo-talk] weimar shadows

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 00:00:41 PST 2010

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 9:51 PM, Dwayne Monroe <dwayne.monroe at gmail.com>wrote:

But then, the
> supposedly dodgy birth certificate rises from its shallow, rhetorical
> grave, like a reanimated zombie.

Incidentally, I've been told, by a leftist Constitutional lawyer who has always, in my experience, known what he's talking about, that there is, in fact, an intelligent "Birther" argument against the Obama presidency. Apparently, it is by no means clear that the drafters of either the original Constitution or the Fourteenth Amendment intended that someone holding multiple citizenships at birth, such as Obama, should be considered "a natural born Citizen" for presidential purposes.

Not that I know the first thing about such matters, or make it a point to concern myself with them. But as long as we're making whipping boys of particular opinions, I think we should be clear on just how outrageous they are or are not.