[lbo-talk] weimar shadows

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 04:40:09 PST 2010

Originalism isn't where I'd have thought most leftist lawyers would take themselves relative to this silliness. Along those lines, the drafters of the original Constitution, had no intention of considering Black or Native American suffrage and the drafters of the Fourteenth Amendment pretty clearly had no intention of considering women's suffrage or gay rights or... why the hell would anyone on the left treat such arguments as even potentially intelligent? Myself, I'm much more likely to see arguments which deal with materialist histories, standpoint epistemologies and situated knowledges as intelligent.