[lbo-talk] DC blizzard dooms cap and trade

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Feb 10 11:20:25 PST 2010

On Feb 10, 2010, at 2:07 PM, Bhaskar Sunkara wrote:

> Good point, I'm not sure why I singled out that passage, I do think
> his
> critique of petit-bourgeois "green" politics is on the money. Also,
> aren't
> things like the finite nature of time an absolute limit on the system?

As a general principle, I'd be wary of betting against capital's ability to adapt. The only essential of the system seems to be exploitation of labor as the source of profit and the creation of poverty alongside wealth. Why can't people make money off "saving" the earth? It would be an ugly and wasteful solution, but it could happen.

Doug