[lbo-talk] Clinton's modest proposal (Was: weimar shadows)

Joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Feb 11 19:55:45 PST 2010

Carrol writes

"And the politics. There was atremendous hullabaloo over the state's plan to close the Pontiac Prison, and it worked. The state kept a miserable wreck of a place to beneefit employment in Pontiac."

Yes, prisons create jobs. So did Auschwitz I imagine. A couple of weeks ago, I read an article in Al Jazeera of all places describing how palestinian workers were employed to build the Wall. No wall, no jobs, the article argued.

The mind boggles...

Joanna