[lbo-talk] WEATHERMAN: Racists & Spoilers of Unity

shrill.polemic at gmail.com shrill.polemic at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 11:55:45 PST 2010

On Feb 12, 2010 12:47pm, Alan Rudy <alan.rudy at gmail.com> wrote:
> A good friend, with ties to David Hilliard, Angela Davis and others,

> suggested that students of mine interested in the Panthers might start
> with

> 2002's Huey P. Newton Reader (edited by Hilliard and Donald Weise). It's

> not a political history but served the students I had who were real

> interested very well... I've asked him to suggest a history as well...

You could also check out The Black Panther Party Reconsidered - 1998 Ed. Charles E. Jones.

Jeffery Haas, the People's Law Office attorney who represented the families after the Hampton/Clark assassinations just published, The Assassination of Fred Hampton: How the FBI and the Chicago Police Murdered a Black Panther. Its mostly about the civil suits and the FBI, but there's plenty of background on the Chicago Panthers

shrill