[lbo-talk] demotic cuisine

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 12 13:53:43 PST 2010

At 01:11 PM 2/12/2010, Carrol Cox wrote:

> > DC] Again, I'm saying we should have an idea about what to do
> when it does happen.
>

>No! Not only do we not _need_ to have an idea about what to do (50 years
>from now) "when it does happen," but it is positively WRONG, reactioary,
>totalitarian, to have such ideas.

Oh calm down. Maybe I'm not getting across what I mean to say but you don't have to go all apoplectic about it.

>You don't trust or believe in democracy,

Yes I do

>because you believe that the individual needs protection against the
>tyranny of the many.

No I don't.

>Trust the people. And if you don't, trust the capitalist courts and
>prisons.

There were courts before capitalism and I dare say there will be afterward. I'll let someone else say what I'm trying to get across. What I mean is what Angela Davis talks about, i.e. a justice system based on reparation and reconciliation rather than retribution and vengeance.

This is damned well something we should be thinking about.

>I'm beginning to udnerstnd what some of us have referred to as a
>contradiction in libertarian thought. On the one hand they want extreme
>individual liberty, on the other hand they support police power.

Are you calling me a libertarian police supporter? If so, then piss off. If not, what the hell are you saying?