[lbo-talk] The zen of marx (was clarification)

Lakshmi Rhone lakshmirhone at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 18:55:05 PST 2010

OK I am lost. Why are we seeing societies as organic stages in natural history? That sounds like fascism because then we are only one step away from talking like fascists about making our societies vital, healthy, strong, etc. As I said, I am interested in making societies socially just not organic. Why do contradictions have to be in time? Two opposite sides of a coin are inseparable at any one point in time. Still we have to choose one side; remember the coin flip in No Country for Old Men. That was of course more like a Western than an Eastern! What are the needs of the Spirit? I would not want them to be ruled out as needs of an oppressed class but there are also those needs of the body. Thanks for the clarifications. LR