[lbo-talk] What Would Have to Happen First

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 11:43:24 PST 2010

[WS:] You do not need the Ricardian-Hegelian-Marxian edifice to explain this. Simple Malthusianism will suffice. That is to say, in some parts of the world, population growth exceeds the growth of the productive forces that support those populations. Obviously, there are instituional forces that restrain the latter, but if those institutional obstacles are lowered or altogther removed, ecenomic development improves the general living standards of the population, the Ricardian-Hegelian-Marxian theoretical edifices notwithstanding.

Wojtek