[lbo-talk] What Would Have to Happen First

brad bauerly bbauerly at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 10:45:59 PST 2010

>There was never any real evidence to support the "race to the bottom"
>thesis, was there? You can find all kinds of data to support
>polarization, but outside of Africa (yes, I know that's not a small
>exception), never a generalized immiseration.
>Doug

Yes, I would say that there is strong evidence for a race towards greater polarization/disparity, not to the bottom. How this correlates with immiseration though is the real crux of the issue. no? Take my research on food for example:even though there is growing PPP in most of the world there is also an increase in % of population that is malnourished and food insecure.

Brad