[lbo-talk] spreading depression

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Mon Feb 15 19:28:39 PST 2010

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 22:00:23 -0500 Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> The psychological, not economic, kind.
>
> There was some skepticism around here when I said a while back that
> I thought depression had increased in frequency over the decades.
> Here's some supporting evidence from an alleged authority, though
> without footnotes, via The Awl.

Even though it comes from Psychology Today, a great spreader of misinformation, this particular item is clearly true. I'm a great spreader of depression myself.

It makes me feel better when I do it. Perhaps there's some conservation law at work.

--

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com