[lbo-talk] terrible political writer gets promotion

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Mon Feb 15 19:38:12 PST 2010

On Mon, February 15, 2010 6:42 pm, Doug Henwood wrote:

> <http://www.thenation.com/blogs/edcut/529703/around_i_the_nation_I>
> Around The Nation
> posted by KATRINA VANDEN HEUVEL on 02/13/2010 @ 11:22am
>
> Harris-Lacewell is a regular at TheNation.com and also on MSNBC's
> Morning Joe, The Rachel Maddow Show and Countdown with Keith Olbermann.

[Extended cackle]. The levels of political self-delusion in this country are off the charts. Scroll down the Nation's website and you'll find John Nichols lecturing us about how the Empire's blood-spattered political overlords are just one phone-bank away from turning into Swedish social democrats.

There's a wonderful line in Ligalize's world-class song, "Born in the USSR", where the lead singer, Andrei Menshikov, raps about the Lost Generation of the early 1990s: "They believed in Kashpirovsky, Lena Golubkova, Chubais and Mavrodi/ we were thrown naked [into the cold], there was no Afghanistan, thousands didn't die".

-- DRR