[lbo-talk] The zen of marx (was clarification) ADDENDUM

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Feb 16 20:59:59 PST 2010

A note: As Ian has reminded me, "the will" is a bit of myth. I'm not sure of the correct terminology here, but "human control," while probably raising its own confusions, would be a bit better.

Put crudely, a feudal lord had fewer constaints on how he util8ized the labor of his serfs than does a corportion on its ustilization of its labaor force. Someone should be able to punch a few holes inthat, moving us, perhaps, towards a better terminology.

Carrol