[lbo-talk] who are the Teabaggers?

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 17 14:05:30 PST 2010

>Leaving aside the old Ivy snobbery about Cornell being a land-grant
institution, I doubt that a lot
>of the teabaggers went to elite
colleges. My guess is that Ivy alums are disproportionately urban
>or
suburban, not rural, and Dem, not Rep.

I reckon you are correct. A lot of these guys are probably computer science, engineering, and marketing majors from non-elite unis. I was just playing around with the pwog-lib conceit that inoculating these types (or their offspring) with the sort of NPR-friendly middlebrow pabulum that passes for "higher education" is a tonic against creeping fascism. My words could have been more sociologically exact.

_________________________________________________________________ Hotmail: Trusted email with powerful SPAM protection. http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469227/direct/01/