[lbo-talk] Tie Xi Qu: West of the Tracks

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 17 14:17:27 PST 2010

MB:

Yeah, it retails for $950!

JG:

Back when I had a U.S. uni gig a number of years ago, I got the library acquisitions department to order the six-DVD series. (I won't say anything more about, uh, data transfer.) The epic is an incredible document of a time/place now bulldozed into oblivion. (I spent a few days in a still sooty Shenyang in 2001, so it has special sentimental value for me.) It is quite the marathon, though: I still haven't watched Part III! And there are no car chases or flaming explosions...

_________________________________________________________________ Your E-mail and More On-the-Go. Get Windows Live Hotmail Free. http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469229/direct/01/