[lbo-talk] My Sharona sells expensive real estate

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 17 18:14:02 PST 2010

At 05:54 PM 2/17/2010, Doug Henwood wrote:

>Ok, I have to admit, I've always liked The Knack.

My Sharona is a really good song. I can't remember anything else they did.

>As Ken Freedman said on WFMU this morning, the rock snobs always
>hated them. Not me, even
>though I'll admit I'm a rock snob.

I don't quite know what to think when my kid asks me to turn on the radio and I find myself saying, or stopping myself from saying, "this song is awful." First I think I'm turning into my parents, but then I realize I liked a lot of my parents' records and they liked a lot of the stuff I listened to on the radio.

Someone here mentioned a slogan or something like that about capitalism ruining music. One exhibit for that argument is Taylor Swift is considered a country singer. I don't get that.

All I know is I don't listen to the radio much at all since Steve Jones went off the air.