[lbo-talk] My Sharona sells expensive real estate

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 17 19:23:04 PST 2010

At 06:58 PM 2/17/2010, B. wrote:

>She saw Suzi Quatro play with Alice Cooper (!!!!) in 1974 at the
>Nashville Municipal Auditorium. You would never know or suspect this
>given how she thinks/votes/etc. today. Not that you can't be a
>rockin' Republican, I guess .... ;(

Alice Cooper is.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A27098-2004Aug23?language=printer

Alice Cooper, a shock rocker back in the old days and now a fan of President Bush, says rock stars who've jumped on the John Kerry bandwagon -- Sheryl Crow, Dave Matthews, James Taylor and Bruce Springsteen among them -- are treasonous morons.

"To me, that's treason. I call it treason against rock-and-roll, because rock is the antithesis of politics. Rock should never be in bed with politics," the 56-year-old told the Canadian Press news service as he embarked last week on a 15-city Canadian tour.

Never one to avoid self-examination, Alice (aka Vincent Damon Furnier) added: "If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are. Why are we rock stars? Because we're morons. We sleep all day, we play music at night and very rarely do we sit around reading the Washington Journal." (We think he meant watching C-SPAN's "Washington Journal," or maybe he meant perusing the Washington Post and the Wall Street Journal, but either way you get the idea.)

"Besides, when I read the list of people who are supporting Kerry, if I wasn't already a Bush supporter, I would have immediately switched. Linda Ronstadt? Don Henley? Geez, that's a good reason right there to vote for Bush."

[...]