[lbo-talk] My Sharona sells expensive real estate

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 17 19:08:38 PST 2010

It was by listening to the solo on that that I realized that East Bay Ray could actually play guitar pretty well if he wanted to.

I'm pretty sure that wasn't a live show per se, but a big music industry event.

----- Original Message ---- From: B. <docile_body at yahoo.com>

Of course the Dead Kennedys mocked The Knack with a spoof of "My Sharona," with the chorus changed to "My Payola!" at a live show where Jello proclaimed, "We're no longer a punk rock band, we're a NEW WAVE BAND," mocking the tendency at the time of punk bands to soften their sound and become commercial-friendly "new wave" aka sell out. The DK spoof only exists as a live version AFAIK.

-B.