[lbo-talk] questions for the fascist-watchers

Bill O'Connor billyoc at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 19:39:56 PST 2010

SergioL652 at aol.com writes:

> All the items that Doug mention are extensions of the Bush regime.
> If they had not been there already I doubt Obama would have been
> pushing for it.

Do you really think that Obama and his austerity brigade of financial advisers would not be pushing for a turn to fiscal and monetary tightening? Would he not reward his major campaign contributor Exelon Energy with a push for nuclear power, which is their business? Would the Democrats not have tried to stall any attempts at climate change legislation, an absolute loss leader for their business supporters? Did Obama not promise massive military escalation in Afghanistan even while he was still campaigning last year? Was he not then also saber rattling about Iran?

> You damm right I'm afraid of another republican victory.

I can't fault you for that, but I'm equally afraid of another Democratic victory.

-- In Solidarity, Billy O'Connor