[lbo-talk] questions for the fascist-watchers

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sat Feb 20 23:11:36 PST 2010

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010, SA wrote:

> But what you can hope for is to push both parties to the left - just as
> the TP is pushing them to the right - so that Dems fell compelled to do
> good instead of evil and Republicans are defanged.

Do you take it as inevitable that the TP will help the Republicans and hurt the Dems electorally in the next cycle?

If they don't, I'm not sure they'll end up pushing the system to the right in the end.

If they follow the normal logic of a third party in a 2 party system, they'll end up doing the opposite: rewarding the terrible Dems for being terrible.

Michael