[lbo-talk] questions for the fascist-watchers

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 23:49:46 PST 2010

SA wrote:

> Michael Pollak wrote:
>
>> Do you take it as inevitable that the TP will help the Republicans
>> and hurt the Dems electorally in the next cycle?
>>
>> If they don't, I'm not sure they'll end up pushing the system to the
>> right in the end.
>>
>> If they follow the normal logic of a third party in a 2 party system,
>> they'll end up doing the opposite: rewarding the terrible Dems for
>> being terrible.
>
> I'm not sure I follow. You think the TP wil run candidates against
> Republicans in general elections?

Wait, I misunderstood your post. No, I don't think the TP will particularly help the Republicans pick up more seats than otherwise. But I don't think I said they would. I just said they'd push the two parties to the right. The Republicans apparently will have no trouble picking up lots of seats due to the economy, bailouts, etc., regardless of the TP.

SA