[lbo-talk] Left on this, Right on that.

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 21 13:02:25 PST 2010

But many right wing isolationist are also anti-imperialist and peace activists. Justin Raimondo at antiwar.com is a tireless compaigner against the Iraq and Afghan wars and I gather that he shows up on occasion at anti-war demonstrations shoulder to shoulder with those liberal anti-war big government promoters, big spenders, and big regulators.

Chip seems to have some sort of conversion and contagion by close contact theory.

My original post said nothing about being allies or what not just that on some issues Paul is with most leftists rather than the right. All Chip points out is that on many issues Paul is quite right wing. Duh! I thought the post said that too but then maybe I did not read it properly.

Anyway I would see nothing wrong with inviting Paul and his supporters to an anti-war demonstration. Seems like a reasonable tactical alliance. This does not mean that the anti-war left should join the Tea Party movement or expect anything but a fight with Paul and his supporters on many other issues.

Cheers, k hanly

Blog: http://kenthink7.blogspot.com/index.html Blog: http://kencan7.blogspot.com/index.html