[lbo-talk] Left on this, Right on that.

Matthias Wasser matthias.wasser at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 18:40:38 PST 2010

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 3:20 PM, Joseph Catron <jncatron at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Chip Berlet <c.berlet at publiceye.org
> >wrote:
>
> Am I not correct in thinking that the first movement to call itself
> "anti-imperialist" consisted of right-wing isolationist peace activists who
> were, like Paul, Constitutional absolutists to boot?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Anti-Imperialist_League

Looking at just the wikipedia page, it seemed a bit more diverse than that. The League apparently brought together Dewey, Gompers, Carnegie, and the founding editor of LBO-talk's favorite political magazine, the Nation. They endorsed Bryan for president.

So paranoid racist weirdos like Paul, and of course substantially less racist and paranoid righties like Raimondo, aren't just capable of doing good on their own. They can work with us non-righty peaceniks.