[lbo-talk] Fascism, right-wing populism, and contemporary research

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 21 18:32:11 PST 2010

Anyway, my last word on the whole Fascist thing is that any group or movement we call "Fascist" should possess some meaningful resemblance to the Italian political party, and the beliefs of its members, from which the word derives. Similarly, any group or movement we call "Bolshevik" should possess some meaningful resemblance to the Russian political party, and the beliefs of its members, from which the word derives. So, Tea People are not Fascists, and Obama is not a Leninist, Glenn Beck notwithstanding. If Mussolini were to be brought to the present time via a Time Portal or Tardis, I am pretty sure that he would not consider the Tea People (antistatists, as opposed to supporting a state outside of which there is nothing)  as ideological brothers.