[lbo-talk] Fascism, right-wing populism, and contemporary research

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 21 14:08:45 PST 2010

>What I am saying is that when right-wing populist movements began to
flirt with
>fascist memes, the number of people who suffer as scapegoats
increases. Not
>people like us, Doug...people not like us.

So Chip, I gather from this that the primary objective of organizing against right-wing populists who have proto-fascist potential is to protect scapegoated groups against violence? Obviously that is a worthy and crucial goal -- most obviously for prospective victims -- but it doesn't seem like it has much to do with the long-range project of building a mass constituency to push U.S. politics in a more left direction...

_________________________________________________________________ Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft. http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469230/direct/01/