[lbo-talk] Cockburn cut back at Nation

Bhaskar Sunkara bhaskar.sunkara at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 19:08:46 PST 2010

This article on Perry Anderson http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200603/marxist .

I can't say that Cockburn and Hitchens are on the same terrain as writers (or have the same intellectual breadth). (I just read *For Marx*, so I wasn't thrilled at his dig at Althusser though.) Hitchens' very crude "Marxist" mode of analysis is a bit annoying at times, but I really can't stand Cockburn. Maybe I should dig into the archives to find something he wrote back when he was a bit more palatable.