[lbo-talk] Cockburn cut back at Nation

Joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sun Feb 21 19:41:26 PST 2010

OK, Doug, I append what I wrote below. But I have a question for you: have you ever considered expanding LBO to something like what the Nation could be. If you do, I herewith volunteer to write book/movie reviews for free if you're interested. ---------------------------------------------------------- Word has reached me that you have decided to feature the writing of Ms. Melissa Harris-Lacewell, while cutting Mr. Cockburn's contribution to one a month.

I am puzzled. At worst, Ms Lacewell writes like a ham sandwich; at best, like a college intern, and you want to draw attention to her contributions? Mr Cockburn, on the other hand, is one of the top journalists and stylists of the last thirty years; and you want to give him less air time?

During a period when the population of this country is more polarized than ever, when the war against the poor is intensifying, and when the middle class is about to be thrown over a cliff, you think that the Nation needs to get stupider and more centrist?

???

Joanna Bujes Oakland, CA