[lbo-talk] Jobless future?

Sandy Harris sandyinchina at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 01:14:06 PST 2010

On 2/23/10, Joanna <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:

> I just had a letter from a friend who wrote that the reason people aren't
> getting jobs is because they're not willing to earn less. This is a guy with
> a job-for-life, and pension, and an attitude on top of that. Motherfucking
> asshole.

Sometimes, though, it is true. I was in the UK a few years back at a time when there was much moaning about unemployment.

Talked to an Aussie lass who'd been in the country two weeks and had three part-time jobs. Granted, they were all badly paid & hard work, but she was making enough to live in some comfort & save for a summer in Greece.