[lbo-talk] ciao, unions

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Feb 24 19:06:05 PST 2010

Eric Beck wrote:

> Out of curiosity, and not speaking just to Joanna, but when people on
> this list talk about "the working class," do they include themselves
> in it?

I doubt it. When asked the question directly, as you have here, they will acknowledge that yes, they ar working class. But I have never been convicned that the 'image' they tacitly carry in their heads of the working class fit their own situaion. I hope I am wrong. I would argue that if you image of the working class does not include families with income well above 100,000, then it's a false image.

Carrol