[lbo-talk] Responsibilities

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Feb 25 16:14:23 PST 2010

Nicholas Ruiz III wrote:

> wow - he sounds more and more like a Tea-Bagger every day - soon the transformation from Republicrat to Republican will be complete for BHO...so it's the public's 'responsibility' to over-pay, exponentially so, for health care services and pharmaceutical products, simply because, we are Americans?

One of the reasons that htere is no left in the united states is that so many potential leftists believe this -- that Democrats are different, and that when they act like Obama they are Republicrats or soemthing.

No N No

Obama is acting like a true dedicated Democrat. And a focus on Obama is wrong anyhow.

Clearly we need to shift from analysing politicians to analyzing more deeply what are the historical conditns under whihc the DP response in this way. I would assume that under these conditons, an FDR or an LBJ would respond just as Obama is responding. His Party fully supports him. Everyone who coutns, supprots him. His possible oppositon from the gound is without leadership because the bulk of those who might be that leadership are merely chatting about maybe someone should start a tendency inside the DP to move it to the "left."

The DP is nobly performing its role fot the U.S. ruling class, as it has for over a century.

Carrol