[lbo-talk] Obama killing Pakistani civilians at 8 times Bush's rate

Percival Myers permaceaem at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 11:53:09 PST 2010

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 2:28 PM, Chris Doss wrote:
> I thought that the ":)" was sufficient indication that I was making fun of the attitude. My point is that the conflict in the region was not created by the US and will not stop when the US leaves, making "US out now" demands kind of irrelevant, if what you care about is people not dying (rather than, say, attacking Obama, which is a frequent sport of the US left).

Which brings us back around to my comment on Beck, Limbaugh, et al. Do you really think the US Left is aligning with that crowd of loony tunes on the "what about Obama?" issue?

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 2:34 PM Doug Henwood wrote:
> Whose drones are they? Pashtun tribesmen's?

If we are looking at the number of killed Pakistani innocents, what does it matter who owns the drones? Aren't the rest of the numbers from 2001 through the intervening years more important when the received answer is the rate at which Obama kills them in 2009 versus the 2006-2007 Bush rate - when we know Bush had already abandoned that battlefield in favor of a different one?

Percy