[lbo-talk] Obama killing Pakistani civilians at 8 times Bush's rate

Joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Mon Jan 4 21:55:50 PST 2010

Chris writes:

"My point is that the conflict in the region was not created by the US and will not stop when the US leaves, making "US out now" demands kind of irrelevant, if what you care about is people not dying (rather than, say, attacking Obama, which is a frequent sport of the US left)."

What the U.S. is doing however is to intensify and distort the struggle. That's not necessary. It is also setting up this situation as a justified intervention, which will make future ones more likely, and it is diverting much needed resources to war.

So, while I agree that the attacks are based on native intelligence, I disagree that the U.S. must make itself the armory of tribal warfare.

j.