[lbo-talk] My Ayn Randian, libertarian loving relatives....argh... !!!

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 5 10:47:25 PST 2010

I think you're seriously exaggerating the popularity of Komsomol when it was in its young, blossoming movement stage, before its "career ladder and way to get laid" stage. In the 20s, it was popularly considered a den of drunks and rapists (as in one image of a frat house), which is why there were about as many young people in "religious sects" as in Komsomol.

(So says a friend who just wrote his dissertation on this.)

----- Original Message ---- From: Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com> It explains the popularity of such youth movements like Hitlerjugend, Komsomol, Red Guards, anarchists, Young Republicans or libertarians.