[lbo-talk] My Ayn Randian, libertarian loving relatives....argh... !!!

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 6 15:27:26 PST 2010

I'm not sure this is true. What was the authentic tradition fascism (and nazism, which aren't really the same thing -- I follow Arendt and the Nazis themselves in this) bowed down to? The Roman Empire? Ancient Germanic tribes? Those are so far in the past and so mythologized they might as well be myths. Neither fascism nor Nazism was interested in glorifying anything about Italian and German history that wasn't positively ancient.

Spanish and other varieties of fascism may be different though.

----- Original Message ---- From: Alan Rudy <alan.rudy at gmail.com>   But didn't fascism do the same thing, simultaneously embrace and advance superhuman individualism and bowing down to authentic tradition?