[lbo-talk] New Blog Post: The Neoclassical Economic Dogma: Part I

MICHAEL YATES mikedjyates at msn.com
Sun Jan 10 12:50:15 PST 2010

As I have done for many years, I am teaching a two-week course to labor union activists in a program at the

University of Massachusetts at Amherst. It is a good group. I notice a lot of hostility to Obama and a good receptiveness to

Marx. In the class, we contrast mainstream (neoclassical) and radical (Marxist) economics. I have decided to post on my blog two chapters from my 2003 book, Naming the System: Inequality and Work in the Global Economy. The first is on neoclassical economics, the second on Marxist economics. There will be four posts all told, two for each chapter. The first one is up now at http://blog.cheapmotelsandahotplate.org.

Michael Yates