[lbo-talk] MMPI

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jan 13 18:19:40 PST 2010

On Jan 13, 2010, at 9:01 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> Such tests never have been benign when those giving them were in any
> position of power, such as a prospective emplofyer. I remember now
> from
> long ago there was a chapter in a book called "The Organiztion Man"
> that
> gave duggestions on how to cheat on them.

As I recall from a friend of mine when I was in grad school who gave me the MMPI and some other stuff for practice - she was in a psych PhD program - the repetition that Chuck complained about was part of a strategy to catch cheating, i.e., to see if you gave consistent answers or not. There are also some wacky questions that are part of an L (for liar) scale. If you answer yes, you're presumed to be lying.