[lbo-talk] Lincoln Gordon, he dead

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Jan 18 08:43:37 PST 2010

shag carpet bomb wrote:

> not at all. it seems that you have your mind made up, so i'm not going to
> spend time explaining how they're not the professionals you describe.

Not at all. The question I ask myself every day, & fiddle around with, concerns what can be the concers of leftists in a period (1975 onward and continuing) left activity is simkply not going to have a direct effect on current political and social reality. I'm not near to answering my own question, or to settling for myself how history does or does not contribute to the matter. The questions I raised for you were within that context. The feminist topics you explore are, I assume, under the same current constraints as other left issues, and I wanted to hear more withing that framework.

Sorry if my way of articulating the questins was misleading. I'm not wholly clear as to what I'm supposed to have made up myu mind on.

Carrol