[lbo-talk] ciao, 60

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Jan 20 15:46:02 PST 2010

brad bauerly wrote:

> > [WS:] I see it differently. Yes, he caved in, but he was a junior senator
> > elected president with little political experience facing entrenched and
> > seasoned political machine.
>
> What exactly did he cave on? He appears to have done precisely what he said
> he would and what one would expect him to based on his corporate support.
> People were just delusional about who he was or what he represented, hell
> even about what he himself said.

The thought that liberals cannot stand is that the actions of the DP & its leadership really represent what the party fundmentally stands for. As long as those actions can be explained as errors or sell-outs the liberal can continue to believe that "his/her" party really is well intentioned and deserves support from all right-thinking people. WS perfectly expresses the inner conviction of all liberals who put their fairh in the DP.

Carrol